FULL-TIME RECEPTIONIST / FILE CLERK / SECRETARY
for law firm with a practice focused on
Estate Planning, Estate Administration, and Business Planning
Posted 6 March 2017
A four-attorney Las Vegas law firm with its office in
the Summerlin area seeks a full-time receptionist, working 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. We are looking for an employee who will be with
us for years. We are NOT looking for candidates who will view
this as a temporary job to have while continuing to send out resumes
to get the job they really want.
ABOUT THE FIRM'S PRACTICE
- The Rushforth Firm, Ltd. is a
four-attorney office. The firm's personnel presently consists of Layne
Rushforth (attorney), Joseph Powell (attorney), Kennedy Lee (attorney), Daniel Kiefer (attorney),
Anne Stokes (legal assistant and office administrator), Kelly Meade (legal assistant), Michelle Ordonio (case manager), and Chris Layton (part-time office assistant).
- The legal practice of The Rushforth Firm, Ltd. has a heavy emphasis on estate planning and probate.
- The practice also includes
business planning, including the formation of corporations,
limited-liability companies, and other business entities.
- The practice includes litigation for cases related to estate-planning, probate, and trust administration, but the Firm does not handle general civil litigation or criminal cases.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The receptionist would be expected to:
- Greet clients and visitors; answering visitor inquiries;
- Answer and route incoming telephone calls on a multi-line telephone system;
- Schedule appointments;
- Maintain and schedule conference rooms;
- Maintain the waiting area, lobby, and other public areas;
- Serve refreshments to guests;
- Scan, photocopy, fax;
- Maintain client files;
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and hand-delivered packages; and
- Use a Windows-based computer for data entry, preparing correspondence and other documents using WordPerfect and Word, and preparing mailing and shipping labels.
Do not seek this position unless you are willing to dress professionally, to act professionally, and have:
- The ability to follow instructions precisely. (Attention to detail is paramount.)
- The commitment to be punctual and dependable on the job.
- Good interpersonal skills to work in person and on the telephone with clients, staff, and outside professionals.
- Good organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize work and to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Outlook, WordPerfect, and Word.
- The ability to keep confidences and to respect the privacy of clients and fellow workers.
- The ability -- or willingness and aptitude to learn how -- to:
- File and retrieve documents and correspondence;
- Organize files;
- Type mailing labels, file labels, envelopes, transmittal memos, and very simple correspondence; and
- Input data into a database; print database reports.
Candidates who have the following qualifications will be favored over those who do not:
- A desire to grow in the job by learning new skills and accepting increased responsibility.
- Significant experience with Outlook, WordPerfect, and Word.
- Experience with merging documents in WordPerfect using a master document (.frm) and a data file (.dat).
- Experience with spreadsheet programs (Excel or Quattro Pro), including the ability to construct formulas.
- Experience with Windows-based computers, trouble-shooting computer glitches, and/or computer networking.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Compensation will depend on skills and experience.
- Initially, you will be paid an hourly wage with no paid time off and other benefits.
- After a probationary period,a well-deserving employee will be considered for a salaried position that includes accruing vacation time, paid holidays, employee health insurance, and participation in the firm's 401(k) plan.
You should know that:
- This job is intended to be a permanent job, but this is a position "at will", which means that there will be no contractual obligation for you to stay or for us to retain your services. You can be dismissed without cause. If you decide to quit, we ask for two weeks' notice.
- Our office is located in Summerlin, near the Summerlin Library. If you live more than a few miles from here, your commute may be significant, and you will need to allow for possible traffic delays.
- The entire building is a no-smoking building. Those wishing to smoke must go outside.
- Any one of the following constitutes a cause for dismissal:
- Arriving late too often.
- Excessive requests for time off
- The inability to complete work on a timely basis;
- Excessive errors.
- Inattention to detail.
- Unwillingess to learn new skills.
- Failure to qualify for a salaried position within three to six months.
Using one of these methods, please send your resume and a letter explaining your qualifications, your interest in the position, and your compensation requirements: